Aug 20, 2011

Guess What Came Today

We hadn't received Joey's harness picture from SEGD yet and I had been anxiously awaiting the mail all week.  When I saw the mailman come by today, I immediately sent my son Brandon out to get the mail.  He came back in very excited.  I didn't realize that he had been waiting for this delivery as much as I was.  He showed me a birthday card that came for him from his godparents in Canada.  My spirits started to sink.  Darn!  Well maybe sometime next week.  After all, there are a lot of dogs going IFT all at once now.  It takes a while to take all the pictures.  Then he handed me an envelope, saying, "Oh, I think you were waiting for this".   It was from Southeastern!  The little stinker had been holding out on me!  Here is what I had been waiting for:

  Like I have seen mentioned in other blogs about Southeastern Guide Dogs, he looks very mature and professional in this picture, not like the big pup we took back to SEGD.  Maybe he understands what his future is all about and is very proud to wear the harness.  Maybe the SEGD photographer is very good at getting just the right shot.   Well, his latest report card said that he gets very excited when the harness comes out, so I think I know the answer to that.  You're looking good Joey!  Keep making us proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment