Dec 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone

We are not a church going family, but we do try to go on Christmas Eve.  So, last night, Joey got to experience his first church service.  We walked to the church just down the street from us.  We were unknowingly lucky enough to catch the service where the Sunday School class puts on their Christmas pageant.  Joey was quite a handful in the church.  He would not just lay down and sleep like normal.  He was wide awake and wanting to play.  He would lay down on command, but then roll over on his back and try playing.  I am trying to keep his legs and tail from hitting the people in front of us.  Even with all his playing around, I don’t think anybody but the little boy sitting directly in front of me even knew he was there.  When we got to the candle lighting near the end of the service, Joey threw me a curve.  Everybody had their candles and the ushers were coming down the aisle lighting the candles at the end of each row, then we light our candle from the person next to us.  I didn’t think it would be a good idea to hold a candle with Joey acting up like he was, but he suddenly settled down.  I lit my candle, but then we had to stand up to sing Silent Night.  I stayed sitting to keep better control, but Joey was finally sitting quietly.  I tried standing, and of course Joey thought it was time to get up.  He stood there quietly until I whispered “sit”.  I knew he couldn’t hear me, but he was watching me say the word and he sat.  Could it be?  I decided to take it a step further and whispered to him “down”.  He laid down exactly like he was supposed to.  Okay, it may not exactly be the Christmas miracle, but I sure thought it was at the time. 
My family hopes you all get to experience your own Christmas miracles today. 
Wishing you all happy holidays.

1 comment: