We have been given the above award by Fred and CD McLean, along with their guide dog pup, HRH Berkeley. We are very flattered to receive this award from them as it was their exploits with their previous pup, Bingo, that inspired us to start our blog about Joey. As a condition of accepting the award, we have to list seven things about Joey.
1. Joey is very fluent in what have we have learned is called “goldadore speak”. When we are watching TV in the evening after work, homework, and dinner, he comes to us with a toy in his mouth, whining very loudly, wanting somebody to play with him.
2. Joey is very talented in being able to pick up his kong, nylabone and blanket at the same time.
3. Joey will not remain in a stay for very long, but will sit by his food bowl for hours waiting for the OK to eat.
4. Joey is a very big puppy, surprising everybody that at 90 lbs, he isn’t even a year old yet.
5. Joey enjoys ear rubs. He will lay his head in your lap, and force his nose under your hand, making you rub his ears.
6. Joey considers himself to be our sons’ guardian as well as a play-pal. He escorts the boys to bed and patrols the hallway to ensure they stay put in their rooms.
7. Joey LOVES ice cubes. The only sound that will get his attention faster than kibble being poured into his dish, is the ice dispenser in the fridge door, which, luckily he hasn't learned to use yet.
We are sending this award on to another blogger we enjoy reading: Rebecca and her pup, Joe.